Sunday, April 19, 2015

Report on the Catholic Culture Conference

The Catholic Culture Conference was a great success in my view, with excellent presenters, a great venue, and wonderful fellowship during the lunch and breaks. Our local chapter of the American Chesterton Society made some good contacts and we hope to gain new members and/or guests at our monthly meetings.

Dale Ahlquist is a remarkably approachable key note speaker--highly recommended. He mingled with the attendees immediately when we started gathering Friday night. His presentations were filled with Chestertonian wisdom and winsomeness. All the local speakers--I could not bilocate today so only saw four of the six--acquitted themselves well (I can never bilocate of course).

Next year's event is already scheduled and Anthony Esolen will be the keynote speaker. My husband and I took these pictures today:




Also, I feel rather hopeful about attendance at the St. Thomas More presentation I'm making on Saturday, May 2nd, as several attending spoke to me about it and Dusty highlighted it during one of his announcements. One friend is going to drive from Frontenac, Kansas--and then we are going to go to lunch!

As ever with such events, the camaraderie and connections are as wonderful as the learning experience. Not even the fact that the power steering belt on our truck broke on the way home could mar the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment