Saturday, April 16, 2016

An Idea for Book Clubs and Authors

I am on the Speakers Bureau list for the Catholic Diocese of Wichita and I participated recently in a parish's reading group because they had chosen Supremacy and Survival: How Catholics Endured the English Reformation as their book for the spring semester.

I first met with the group before they started to read and discuss the book at their meetings, presenting an overview of my book and my purposes of writing it.

Then, in the past week, I met with them after they had finished reading it and answered their questions about the history of the English Reformation. Our discussion ranged far beyond the English Reformation in fact as we talked about the Protestant Reformation on the Continent, Catholics in United States history, and even our own diocese.

With the technology of free on-line long distance and video conferencing, an author would not even have to be on-site to participate in such reading groups!

If you are in a book group and want to read Supremacy and Survival, please let me know if you'd like my participation. In the Wichita Diocese, please contact the Speakers Bureau and then we'll coordinate the schedule, etc. Outside of the Wichita Diocese--or even outside of Wichita and its immediate environs--we could set that up too!

No comments:

Post a Comment